From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting 17th December 2015

1. Introducing Quickfire rounds

What I need from our lovely contributors is 4 slides max (inc max 1 intro slide) - If I can collect them together as one presentation prior to the meeting we can keep it snappy.

Subjects (others can be suggested) and we'll order them by # of volunteers.

Database Connectivity (John White)

Error Handling (James Mac, Steve Watts, James P)

Customer Sign-off

UI Tricks (James P, SWatts)

Distribution

Favorite LabVIEW Feature

The way I hope it will play out is each presenter will present one aspect of the subject that they are interested in/ curious about. So for example I could talk about the challenges affecting SSDC when trying to sign-off a project. 

We should aim for around 10 minutes presentation time/person/subject.

I'm aiming to fill about an hour so 6 quickfire presentation, ideally on a couple of subjects rather than 6 on 6 different things.]

We're slightly short of volunteers (and only John has offered slides etc for me to combine into 1 presentation), if not we'll just stumble through.

2. Discussion about Quickfire Rounds

Here's where we should comment on the subjects above, rather than interupt the flow.

3. Error Handling Strategies - General Discussion/Brain Dump

This will be an open discussion about Error Handling, don't expect any single person to have all the answers, but between us we may unearth something useful.

4. Hi Channel Count Scope Code Review :

We'll do it as a group against SSDC's coding standards

There will be a demo and then we'll run through the code review.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depending on content the meeting will be 2 or 3 hours, but as usual we have the room for the afternoon.

Nice to see everyone at NIDays, it was a fun day.

Love Steve

Here's how to register etc

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(12,756 Views)

Hi All.

I'll be there this time for my first CSLUG meeting. I wan't able to attend NI Days as I was soaking up the glorious fog in the Lake District on holiday!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(9,847 Views)

put me down for something on error handling. Will be a good boot up the arse to finish my own library! EDIT: may not be ground breaking, but something I want to look at, emphasis on design pattern for error handling vs error reporting ( with a bit of oo observer pattern likely to be involved.)

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(9,847 Views)

Hi Steve,

Mike B has suggested I do a quickfire presentation on database triggers.

Message 4 of 27
(9,847 Views)

That's real interesting to me, I think we can view some of these presentations as intros to the subject and maybe expand at a later date (this could be one of those subjects!)

Cheers Matey

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(9,847 Views)

Nice one, I may be being harsh here, but pretty much any strategy on error handling will be ground-breaking!

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(9,847 Views)

I was also thinking of talking about errors.  But a different aspect: errors between asynchronous processes. Less about handling errors as where should an error be handled if it happens part-way through a multi-message interaction.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(9,847 Views)

That's the variety I'm after, I suspect we might want to dive deeper into some of these subjects

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(9,847 Views)

Hurrah, it seems with my talk on errors last month I found a can of worms that we can all open together

Bloody troublemaker!

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27
(9,847 Views)