From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

CSLUG - Central South LabVIEW User Group (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Afternoon Bonus

This is my attempt at stand-up at CERN in case you're interested and haven't seen it. It's generally me being rude about companies

Thanks to Mark Balla, Fab and CERN

Love Steve

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Message 1 of 6
(8,513 Views)

Can I stop laughing? Maybe if someone installs McAfee on me I might. Until then, I'm going to watch this on loop.

Brilliant.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,050 Views)

Fantastic

Loved the bit 10mins in about the down side of fixed price work as earlier today I finished a fixed price job that overran. Unfortunately it was because the work was interesting and I kept doing more than I should. They had the report at 10 and invoice by 12 : I realised that interesting work ruins your cash flow if not careful

Brilliant vid and great chuckle

Martin

Message 3 of 6
(8,050 Views)

yup we now ration interesting vs profitable jobs.

Interesting is good for the soul tho' so should always be considered. The problem comes when all your jobs are interesting........

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,050 Views)

Probably one of the funniest S Watts presentations I have ever seen..... you have to try and get this to NI Days or even NI Week.

The bit about the IT police was so true........20% extra lol

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,050 Views)

Thanks for your kind words, it was a rare moment in time.

I think it may be customer limiting on too general a release

Steve

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(8,050 Views)