BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

English lesson

When moving a label or a caption, it is attracted by its terminal when it gets close to it. How do you call this ?

I would like to post an idea (same effect for VI Polymorphic Selector) but don't know the exact term to use.

Like a label or a caption of a terminal, the Polymorphic VI Selector should be attracted by its VI when moving it. 

Can someone reformulate this idea in better English ?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(12,203 Views)

It would help if I understood what you are trying to say.  What do you mean that the label or caption are attracted to a terminal?  Is this a feature in LAbVIEW > 2012?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(12,199 Views)

I think I would use "snap" or "auto-snap".

I wish polymorphic terminal snaps to corner and center position around the VI's icon like the label snaps around its control.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(12,194 Views)

Intaris a écrit :

It would help if I understood what you are trying to say.  What do you mean that the label or caption are attracted to a terminal?  Is this a feature in LAbVIEW > 2012?

My English seems to be even worse than I feared !

What do you mean that the label or caption are attracted to a terminal?

Yes and I would like the same effect for the Polymorphic VI Selector when it is moved close to its VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(12,188 Views)

JB aécrit :

Your english is just fine I understood what you meant immediately

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(12,184 Views)

Merci TiTou.

Le décodage anglais-->français de mon codage français-->anglais semble avoir plutôt bien fonctionné. Quel algorithme as-tu utilisé ? Tordu de rire !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(12,182 Views)

ma femme est britanique, mon beau-frère est néerlandais et ma belle-soeur est belge... donc je m'entraine pas mal à comprendre l'anglais des non-anglophones Smiley Very Happy

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(12,179 Views)

@JB wrote:

What do you mean that the label or caption are attracted to a terminal?

Yes and I would like the same effect for the Polymorphic VI Selector when it is moved close to its VI.

Not at all.  Text was fine but the behaviour you are describing (without it being described in more detail) is not known to me.  Hence my question whether this is a new feature or I have just missed something.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(12,171 Views)

Again, is this a new LabVIEW feature? The reason I'm asking is because I've never noticed this behaviour before.

Irrespective of language, references to existing behaviour are always going to be laden with misunderstanding if you pass the message on to groups of people both with and without the knowledge of that behaviour.  Those without knowledge of the behaviour will not understand the context of your message even if the language is technically perfect.  Therefore if it is a new feature, you need to mention that so that you don't completely confuse those without prior knowledge.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(12,168 Views)

Are you that far back in time Intaris?

Not sure when labels and captions started to snap positions around their controls/indicators but LV2010 has it for sure.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(12,165 Views)