BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collective noun for LabVIEW developers

I'm often fascinated by the strange collective nouns that have made it into the English language, such as "murder" of crows, "parliament" of rooks and an "unkindness" of ravens. There's an interesting list here in Wiki, and on Wiktionary here. They're worth a browse if you're looking for a quick laugh. They mainly represent a gathering of animals but they also apply to people (such as a faculty of academics - now common vernacular, or a tabernacle of bakers).

But what we don't have yet is a collective noun for a gathering of LabVIEW developers! I wonder what peculiar term(s) could be used to describe a bunch of similar-minded G programmers!?

We need no invitation. Suggest away! And include a reason for your new collective noun, if it has one Smiley Very Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 1 of 57
(11,505 Views)

Might I start with:

-- A heraldry of LabVIEW developers --

Why? Because to herald is to represent news of things to come, of greatness and inevitability. Long live LabVIEW! Smiley Very Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 2 of 57
(11,503 Views)

I like the array of hedgehogs. Maybe a "Matrix of developers"? 😄 (also has connotations with the movie series)

Message 3 of 57
(11,494 Views)

(Sorry, duplicate due to site malfunction)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 57
(11,493 Views)

Was that a "site" malfunction, or a "sight" malfunction?

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 57
(11,478 Views)

Or a "cite" malfunction?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 57
(11,468 Views)

A bundle of LabVIEWers.

A variant-attribute-table of LabVIEWers.

Message 7 of 57
(11,455 Views)

Was on android. I swear I pressed the post button only once!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 57
(11,453 Views)

spool of LabVIEW developers

Message 9 of 57
(11,429 Views)

This is one aspect of the english language I have trouble accepting.  Yeah, some of the names for groups of things can be remembered but the rest is just weird and silly.

So, with that in mind:

A jabberwocky of LabVIEW developers,

Message 10 of 57
(11,417 Views)