BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual bug thread for 2021

Continued from the Year 2020 bug thread.

Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully we can focus again on software bugs in 2021 after dealing mostly with real ones in 2020.

The rules remain the same:

• Each post here should only contain a brief description of a bug, together with a link to the thread where it is being discussed.
  • One post/bug!
  • One bug/post!
  • No discussion of bugs. All discussions of a bug must take place in the original linked thread.
Message 1 of 17
(9,052 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(8,911 Views)

A VI within one library can somehow be linked to a second library and suck that second library into the dependencies. This locks up LabVIEW as it tries to figure out what to load. This one is really bad. PM me for details.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(8,844 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(8,794 Views)

Choosing "Select XNET Database" from a XNET Frame control causes application crash when no XNET Database Aliases are defined.

CAR 1385768

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(8,070 Views)

Found another terrible bug today.

The string output from 2 different VIs didn't yield an output at all (i.e. was blank) when called as a subVI.

These were rather simple VIs thankfully. Unit tested the code in question with no errors.

Approach:
1. tried to mass compile; didn't help

2. closed LV, opened LV and cleared the object cache; didn't help

3. rewired the connector pane; didn't help

4. deleted the string control, created a new control & connected the connector pane. AND IT WORKED.

This code is used in a validated environment. These types of bugs are really hard to find and can cause unexpected behavior. That's how it was found.This is an issue for risk mitigation.

Hopefully someone at NI has seen this before & can put a priority on it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(7,630 Views)

@FixedWire wrote:

Found another terrible bug today.

The string output from 2 different VIs didn't yield an output at all (i.e. was blank) when called as a subVI.

These were rather simple VIs thankfully. Unit tested the code in question with no errors.

Approach:
1. tried to mass compile; didn't help

2. closed LV, opened LV and cleared the object cache; didn't help

3. rewired the connector pane; didn't help

4. deleted the string control, created a new control & connected the connector pane. AND IT WORKED.

This code is used in a validated environment. These types of bugs are really hard to find and can cause unexpected behavior. That's how it was found.This is an issue for risk mitigation.

Hopefully someone at NI has seen this before & can put a priority on it.

Without steps to reproduce, this will be near impossible to fix. It might even have been a user error. I know, you're absolutely sure it isn't. Without the VIs, we'll never know.

I think this thread is for bugs acknowledged by NI though...

If you can reproduce this, please create a new thread on the forum (maybe post a link to it here). When confirmed, post the BUG number here.

The rules remain the same:

• Each post here should only contain a brief description of a bug, together with a link to the thread where it is being discussed.
  • One post/bug!
  • One bug/post!
  • No discussion of bugs. All discussions of a bug must take place in the original linked thread.

It seems I'm breaking the rules myself...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(7,613 Views)

Delete element using CTRL+Delete only visually updates data. Actual data is not changed:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Bug-Delete-element-using-CTRL-Delete-only-visually-updates-data/m-p...

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 9 of 17
(6,682 Views)

is it fixed?

CY (expired CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,910 Views)