Additional NI Software Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Wire

Automatic notification of changes in the known issues lists

In the everyday life of a SW developer, it comes again and again to the fact that problems arise, and must be solved.

It must be weighed again and again whether a problem resulted from own errors or whether the cause of a problem is to be found by errors in the development environment or in used modules such as xNET, DAQmx etc.

It happened to me several times in the past that I looked for errors in my own LabVIEW source code, but afterwards I realized that the cause of the problem was a malfunction in LabVIEW or in one of the used drivers.

In order to become aware of possible problems as early as possible during this troubleshooting process, it is important to be actively informed about possible problems inside of the NI Modules.

For example, it would be helpful to be notified with an email in the following cases.

- A new entry in the Known Issues and Bugs list

- The new possibility of a workaround

- Availability of a bugfix in a new LabVIEW or driver version

My suggestion would be the following:

Would it be possible to provide within the NI account settings a list of modules in which you can choose the notifications for the different Modules?

John_Wire_1-1654263264557.png

Whenever something in the known issues has changed the NI account member would get a notification via E-Mail.

It would also be possible to make entire subgroups or subject areas selectable.

The technical implementation is certainly possible in different ways. Crucial is that there is the possibility of an active notification for changes in the different known issue lists.

1 Comment
Muhammad-Shafique

It suggests proactive notification systems for updates and known issues within NI modules to streamline the debugging process, which could greatly benefit developers' efficiency and productivity.