From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Publish an Actor Core vi

Using the "Tools->Web Publishing Tool..." I have been able to publish a VI so that it can be viewed through a web browser. But in that case it was not a launched VI like Actor Core.  It was a non-cloned VI.

Is there a way to Web Publish a specific running instance of Actor Core.vi?  Maybe there is an API to publish the Actor Core clone on the fly?

I have not tried to create a simple VI with a subpanel showing a specifc Actor Core and publishing the simple VI.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Kurt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,141 Views)

Hi;

Do you have solution for this?

DAKBIAS
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,470 Views)

Well, not exactly what I was looking for, but it works, actually works well...

All of my apps have effectively a Main.vi (like the LV AF Templates splash screen, but the window sticks around for the duration of the application).  This screen has a single sub panel that has the 'Fit Control To Panel' identified.  At that point it seems to resize with the window resize (Main.vi window goes full screen at launch).  The 'root' actor is launched from this Main.vi and it is provided with the subpanel reference.  It can then show itself or create more UI windows and show them into the top-level subpanel.  I actually do the latter with multiple subpanels for the various Actor cores that need to be displayed.  And they can change at runtime too.

The <app>_Main.vi is added to the Web configuration in LV.  Whatever is showing in that subpanel is what apperas in the web page.  I do not allow remote control via the web, though I suppose it could be done.

Any UI popups that are reentrant will not be displayed.  In my case I can have popup trend windows for specific sensors.  But on the plus side, they don't obscure the web page either.

Main.vi also has a unique Run-Time Menu that allows at least printing and exiting.  I also capture the Panel Close? event and query the user to make sure they really want to exit.  On exit, Main.vi notifies the Root actor with a Stop message.

Bottom line from my experiments is that any window that you want to publish must be a unique non-reentrant VI unless it is embedded in one of these.

I hope this is clear and helps.

Message 3 of 4
(3,470 Views)

mrutm wrote:

Do you have solution for this?

I've never done any work with web services. No idea how any of it works, so I'm pretty much useless for this question.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,470 Views)