Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Rescripting Broken in Interfaces

Solved!
Go to solution

I was playing around with Interfaces in LabVIEW 2020 and noticed that whenever I try to rescript an AF message in an Interface, I get this message:

CaseyM_0-1591201901079.png

Is this already a known issue and is a fix already in the works?

CLA CLED AF Guild
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,896 Views)

We know about it, and we know what part of the code needs to be fixed.  I don't know if a CAR has been filed, and I can't speak for when NI will publish an official fix, but I'll try to post an unofficial correction in the next couple of weeks.

Message 2 of 19
(3,881 Views)

Awesome - thanks!

CLA CLED AF Guild
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,878 Views)

I'm wondering if this is related to the problem I found with how the message maker recognizes classes as actors. If an interface is alphabetically prior to the parent actor class, the message maker doesn't recognize the actor as being an actor.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Actor-Framework-Discussions/Framework-menu-disappeared-redoing-interfaces-r...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,785 Views)

Any update on a fix (official or otherwise)? I could really use this in one of my project now.

CLA CLED AF Guild
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,683 Views)

We've made some progress, but we're not quite there.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,660 Views)

OK. If there's even a manual fix (though some investigation seems to indicate the code in question is in a password-protected VI) that would be help as our use of Interfaces in AF continues to grow.

CLA CLED AF Guild
Message 7 of 19
(3,657 Views)

Sorry to keep pestering, but this issue as well as the disappearing AF menu are making it a lot more difficult than it needs to be to adopt interfaces. One of the projects I'm working on is very large and would see huge benefits from incorporating interfaces, but without these two scripting utilities, there's some reluctance to use them.

Any sort of update as to if a fix might be released in a patch (great!) or would we have to wait until SP1 (tougher sell to management) or even 2021 (please no - might be a deal breaker).

CLA CLED AF Guild
Message 8 of 19
(3,527 Views)

I'm in the same situation.  Interfaces seem like a much better implementation for the actor framework application I'm working on, but it's tough to tell the less experienced developers on my team to manually create all of their message classes.  Or to instruct them to go through some process of removing interface inheritance from their class, then scripting up their messages, then re-add the interface inheritance afterwards...  I'd be happy to have an official or unofficial fix for this.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,520 Views)

Adding to the chorus. For folks using Actor Framework in large projects, interfaces add massive value for decoupling and simplifying messaging. But especially for those of us using large AF projects with team members with a range of skill levels, scripting is a prerequisite for adoption.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,508 Views)