Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a txt file

Hi people, i hope someone can help me, i'm using a myrio 1900, and im trying to make a login using a txt file to read users and password, but everytime a run my VI, it shows me an error. I have already try https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YH93CAG&l=es-MX but it didn´t work either.
Its my first time using myrio, please help me

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,178 Views)

Do you understand that the myRIO is running a special Real-Time Operating System (Linux RT) that basically has no "user interface"?  You cannot plug a Keyboard into the myRIO, nor can you hook up a Display to it.  Any VI that you deploy to the myRIO does, of course, have a Front Panel, but unless you are running LabVIEW on your PC and using LabVIEW Real-Time to program the myRIO, you can only use the Controls and Indicators on your myRIO-deployed VIs to pass information back and forth between VIs, not to the User.  It is only while developing and testing (in the LabVIEW RT Project Environment) that you can "see" the Front Panels and Probes running on the RT myRIO platform.

If you need more help with this Project, please compress the Project Folder containing your code and attach the resulting .ZIP file to your reply.  Also describe (in your Reply) what you are trying to do (don't worry about how to do it).

Bob Schor  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,140 Views)

thank you so much, i've found a way by shared variables, my thing now its have all the process inside of a vi in the same project i have the main vi of myrio, but i dont know how can i interconnect them, i want to work in my computer and send some parameters to myrio vi, and i want to see the analog input in my vi of the computer. I hope i make sense
thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,108 Views)