Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much might it cost to fix a NI Elvis II

Solved!
Go to solution

😞 Too bad, I ordered a NI Elvis II+ from eBay without power supply and when I received the power supply (today) , the board ddid not work.  Well, the best thing I could do was to contact the seller for the return but seller did not allow that thus I openned the case, hopefully, eBay will be on my side.  I should have felt that because it did not work that why the seller did not sell it with the power supply.

For the worse case, in general how much might it cost to fix a hardware problem with National Instruments Repair Services?  My engineering feeling let me know that the board was damaged at the input power supply 🙂 no power indicator. Probably, the seller or the seller's supplier used invalid power supply to test it because they did not have the correct power supply.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,819 Views)

Hi Muahang1234,

You'll need to contact National Instruments directly at (800)433-3488 and ask for the RMA department in order to get repair pricing.  We require the serial number to generate pricing because various revisions of hardware have different repair costs.

Regards,

Regards,
Chris Elliott
x36772
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,806 Views)

Hi muahang1234,

You can give us a call to 1-866-ASKMYNI and talk to one of our support guys so we can provide you accurate information. Please keep the S/N with you.

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,803 Views)

Steve,

If he doesn't have a service request number, the 866 number will kick him back. The 800 number will allow a Customer Service Representative to create a service request that can be used with RMA or troubleshooting.

Regards,

Regards,
Chris Elliott
x36772
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,796 Views)

Thank you very much.  Just one question, I will know the true cost of the repairing service before I send the hardware in or I will get the quote after NI technican inspects what wrong with it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,786 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author muahang1234

Hi muahuang1234,

Yes, the cost is fixed on a per revision basis.  The technician inspection will not affect price.  If nothing is found wrong with the device, a No Trouble Found (or NTF) fee will be assessed.  You should discuss this with the RMA coordinator when you call in for more specific pricing.

Regards,

Regards,
Chris Elliott
x36772
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,763 Views)

Hi Chris,

NI is the first place to call to repair an NI Elvis.  If they are unable to do so, we have some experience in repair and refurbishing of Elvis II hardware.

Zach

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,065 Views)