Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquired data not the same as that on scope, NI USB-6210

I'm using a NI USB-6210 via the Python nidaqmx API. I've set up a differential input on ai0 as follows,

acquisition.ai_channels.add_ai_voltage_chan("Dev1/ai0", terminal_config = constants.TerminalConfiguration.DIFFERENTIAL) 
acquisition.timing.cfg_samp_clk_timing(rate = 10000, sample_mode = constants.AcquisitionType.CONTINUOUS, samps_per_chan = 1000)

I can provide the whole code if needed.

I have ai0 connected to the output of an AD9388 signal generator that is set to a 10 Hz square wave, 0-5V and ai8 connected to GND.

When I scope the output of the signal generator I get a 10 Hz square wave, 0-5V but when I acquire the same signal with the NI USB-6210 I get the following,

NI_DAQ_input.png

The frequency is right but nothing else. What am I doing wrong here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,152 Views)

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

If you are trying to use LabVIEW to acquire data from this device, it should be very easy to do so.  You can use MAX to test out the device and get MAX to sample a 10 Hz square wave.  It is also very simple to write DAQmx code in LabVIEW (no need for Python) to do the same, and plot it on a Waveform Chart.

If you still need help, reply to this Post, and attach your VI/Project files.  [If you have a Project, compress it and attach the resulting ZIP file].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(956 Views)