05-04-2017 02:10 PM
Contract Length: 18 months
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Pay: $45-55/hr. depending on experience
To apply and for more details please send your resume to Esther Taylor at email@example.com.
The Staff Test Engineer (level 4) reports to Technical Leadership and whose focus is performing design and support of high complexity test systems and equipment for high temperature bleed valves and control systems, mentoring to other Engineers and driving continuous improvements. This position works under a low level of supervision with a high level of independent work. The Staff Test Engineer provides awareness and understanding of overall project portfolio, interactions and issues. In addition, this position may participate in project-specific relationship building with Customers, Suppliers, individuals or organizations.
Work Environment: R&D Lab Environment
Top 3 Skills: Test Engineer, LabVIEW, and mechanical or industrial testing
• Defines, develops, tests and supports moderate to high complexity closed loop software (LabVIEW based) control applications involving numerous control variables with very high accuracy and precision; position, flow, temp, pressure…incompressible and compressible fluids.
• Provides guidance to users on program functioning. Evaluates requests for application enhancements.
• Expert knowledge of software development, simulation and analysis tools including editors, compilers, linkers, debuggers, code analyzers, version control systems, software testing tools etc.
• Conducts and oversees unit testing, debugging, software/hardware integration
• Compiles and writes documentation of program development and subsequent revisions. Provides guidance to users on program functioning. Develops user manuals and training materials.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS
• Provide expert guidance to a large design team on major test equipment designs and installations involving hydraulics, compressible fluids, mechanical stresses, and control theory.
• Creates detail designs using 2D and 3D drafting including dimensioning and tolerancing, and maintains BOMs