(So I have a packet that seems to work, more or less... )
If I install it on a computer that has a myRIO and all appropriate software (RT, FPGA, RIO, etc), we get the project creation dialog where we need to select the myRIO (or select a generic target if it is currently not connected) until we can proceed (else [Finish] Is greyed out).
For fun I installed it on a machine that does not have any myRIO or FPGA stuff installed.
- The packet still installs fine.
- In the "new project" dialog, it is the only "sample project" listed under myRIO.
- At the project creation dialog, the area where we typically select the hardware is completely blank. Curiously, I can proceeed to the next screen.
- If I press [Finish], it does a lot of searching, but then actually creates a project.
- The created project folder only contains the lvproj file and the documentation folder, everything else is missing (none of the VIs are there, not bitfile, no bitfile folder, etc.
- This seems rather useless. Shouldn't [Finish] be disabled if no hardware is possible?