Re: What topis should we talk about in the next upcoming user group meetings?
Sad to hear, maybe we can start recoring them one day and/or use GoToMeeeting or similar
I had good experience with recording our presentations and then uploading to YouTube for our last meeting. I even edited them to transition between the screen and the speaker at relevant points. This takes some doing, but makes techincal content accessible world-wide and over long periods of time. I have also seen other user groups do this (although generally just a screen recording, which tends to be harder to follow).
Some points for consideration for this:
- Coordinate with the speakers. Not everyone wants to be on YouTube.
- Phones today can shoot in HD, but keep in mind that you need enough storage space and battery life. Also, some form of stabilization.
- The biggest problem tends to be unclear audio. I would consider getting a wireless clip-on mic. I didn't for our last meeting, but I'll probably get one for our next one.
- You can use VLC without installation to do a screen recording and save to an AVI file.
- You can use Blender to edit the two videos. Blender is not primarily a video editing software, but it's surprisingly good at it and it's the only free one I know which works well on Windows. There are some good tutorials for that on YouTube.
- If the two videos are of a different resolution (common with projectors) and framerate, you can ffmpeg to convert the screengrab beforehand. That's easier than dealing with it in Blender. More dedicated software probably handles it better.
Try to take over the world!