BLT for LabVIEW Real-Time
I’m evaluating the BLT for the distribution of a product that we are currently developing.
We will mainly require the following features:
1) Real-time target (cRIO & PXI running Linux RT)
- a. Operating system upgrade / downgrade
- b. System backup / restore
- c. Software or drivers upgrade / downgrade
- d. Application upgrade / downgrade
- e. Application configurations upgrade / maintaining the old configurations
- f. Network adapter configurations / maintaining the old configurations
- g. Feature licensing (license keys for particular features on the real-time controller)
2) GUI (on windows PC)
- a. Upgrade of the GUI application
- b. GUI configurations upgrade / maintaining the old configurations
It will also be important to provide the “Offline Upgrades” feature for machines that are not connected to the internet.
Does the current version BLT 126.96.36.199 support the features listed above?
In this forum thread https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/65977#65977 from the Feb 6, 2014 I saw that you were already working on getting BLT to work on Real-Time targets and this was going to be your next major update coming after few months. Is this available now?
Re: BLT for LabVIEW Real-Time
Thank you very much for your interest in BLT for LabVIEW, and for your recent download of the product.
Unfortunately, the current version of BLT doesn't support Real-time targets at the moment.
It's always difficult to give an accurate timeframe. Since I wrote the post you mention in 2014, other decisions were made to include not only Real-Time targets, but also, Mac OS, Linux and FPGA targets, among many other major improvements (cross-language compatibility) in our software deployment tool.
We are now investing a lot of efforts to release this new BLT as soon as possible, but even if we are moving well, this is still a long way.
We're not expecting a beta version for this before 2017. I'll definitely keep your contact so I can reach out when we have something that you can test and validate with your needs.
You can still use the current version of BLT which have been proven very stable in the past months for all what you mention in 2. (ie: building, licensing and tracking LV programs running on Windows).
Thank you for your understanding, and feel free to let us know if you have further questions.
Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs