LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help neede on PCI DIO 32HS

I m using labview 6.1 and pci doi-32hs card for data acquistion. i have an error no. 1040 i.e. the product is not an NI device or the drivers does not support......... whenever i check any of the vi from the examples or which i designed(i have checked it on  cont pattern input vi and this error comes with  digital clock config vi) ..... whats the cause of this error.... i have checked the card in daqmax and it shows that it is configured and it also shows that it has passed the test..... please help as  i m doing my thesis on it and i dont have anyone to guide me on this as no one has done work on Labview. please help its urgent...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,458 Views)

and also i want to tell u that i m using NI DAQ  driver software  version 6.3.3.

please help

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,457 Views)
VivekM,

Thanks for posting to the NI forums.  I believe the PCI-DIO-32HS is supported by the driver you have installed, however, I can imagine a number of scenarios when this error might present itself.  These reasons are discussed in the following KnowledgeBase available on our site:

KnowledgeBase 2VIDNK6I: Why Do I Receive Error -10401 When I Run My LabVIEW Program (Unknown Device ...

After trying the suggestions in the KnowledgeBase you may want to update your driver if it continues to fail.  The latest version supported in LabVIEW 6.1 is NI-DAQ 6.9.3 available at:

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/50F49E43A22C0D2186256BF3006B9A96?opendocument&node=13207...

Let me know if none of these approaches fixes the problem.

Regards,

Neil S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,438 Views)

hi

thank you neil for attending my query. well i m using 6.9.3 version of DAQ drivers and the drivers support the  pci doi 32 hs card.

i have got another problem now. i m making a VI for continuous pattern input for an audio data but there r 2-3 errors that keep on popping up. whenever i change some value on the vi and try to rerun it an error comes at digital group congif (error 10409) with reason -The specified group is in use. Then i have to close the Labview and then restart it then change the values and run it. How can change the values and run the vi without restarting the labview. i mean how to reinitialize the group without restarting the labview.??

please reply.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,433 Views)
VivekM,

It is hard to tell without knowing more details about the VI why you are getting these errors, however, I have a few suggestions you might give a try.  First make sure that any DIO tasks are closed by calling the DIO Clear VI.   The other thing you could try would be to call the Device Reset VI at the beginning of the VI.

Let me know if you are still having issues after trying these two approaches.

Regards,

Neil S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,416 Views)
hi..
Thanx Neil for ur help. well the last problem is solved. the reason was that the while loop termination was not correct.i just changed from stop if true to contiue if true.

I have one more problem. The inbuilt DIO Config VI has a group direction input , i dont know how but the dio config that i use doesnot have group direction input....
due to this every VI even the inbuilt one doesnot have the group direction input and each of the inbuilt VI that uses DIO Config sub vi has an error that you have connected two terminals of different types because the input doesnot appear on the dio config vi but the inbuilt wiring has been done for the connection. what can be the cause of this problem .
the inbuilt vi dont show any error if i remove the control that is meant to be connected to the group direction input of the dio config vi.
please help as i m stuck with it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,409 Views)
VivekM,

I am glad you were able to work the last problem out.  I am not sure why you have two separate DIO Config Vis.  Did you write your own?  You can only have one VI with the same name and namespace open in LabVIEW at a time.  If you create another DIO Config VI and have it open all VIs that reference DIO config will call the one you created rather than the one built into LabVIEW.  Try renaming the second (not built-in) VI to something else so VIs will call the built-in version of DIO Config.  I may have misunderstood the question.  If so, let me know.

Regards,

Neil S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,393 Views)

hi Neil

i have a problem in continuous pattern i/o vi. I m trying to acquire audio data continuously.There are two errors which  are coming.

first- when i give no. of scans value 0(i.e. contiuous) in DIO Start VI then an error 10803 occurs at digital buffer read.The reason for error is given as- The ongoing transfer has been stopped. This is to prevent regeneratin for output operation,or to reallocate resource for input operation.

If i give the no. of scan value in between 10 to 1000 then error 10802 occurs at digital buffer read .the reason is the required amount of data has not yet been acquired.

if i give value less than 10 or greater than 1000 then error 10010 occurs . the reason is  the count is too small or too large for the specified counter, or the given input output transfer count is not appropriate for the current buffer or channel configuration.

why this problem coming? How can i know the no. of scans that the buffer in PCI DIO 32 HS can hold at time  and how can  the buffer be made circular to acquire data continuosly??

please help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,371 Views)
I haven't had a look at your code, but I've been working with the same card recently.....

If you want to do continuous input, then you can only have one trigger defined.  By defining a start and stop trigger, the continuous option is basically not available.

Perhaps this might be part of the problem?

As to the buffer problem I don't know.  I switched to DAQmx (LV 7.1 and up) and most of these buffer problems simply don't exist any more.........

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,369 Views)

hi shoneill

thanx for replying. well i m not using any trigger in my code. i m using an external clock signal that comes from I2S bit clock signal. and i m trying to make file of the data i m acquiring so that it can be used for furthur analysis.

do reply if something u get to know about it....

regards

vivek modgil

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,353 Views)