XIMEA - LabVIEW Community

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

How to configure a hardware-triggered acquisition for XIMEA camera

hii all, 

so i need help with camera configuration and control. i am using LabVIEW 2017 32 bit and NI vision Acquisition software in order to configure MQ013MG-E2 camera. 
What i need is: to control the camera so that to trigger externally taking a picture, saving it in .bmp format, given the exposure and gain parameters.
what i mean by External trigger, correct me if i am wrong, that it will receive a digital signal from an "electronic board" through the digital IO port. only then it takes an image not a button on the front panel.

I tried running the example provided by the company on this website: https://www.ximea.com/support/wiki/vision-libraries/National_Instruments_LabVIEW
But it keeps giving me, on the spot,this error message attached below . I tried looking online but they all said to disable the firewall and i did try that but did not work for me. Also, they mentioned changing the setting in the NI MAX; however, i did not find "firewall traversal". can you please help me with this problem. this applies to any VI example i find online as well!!

Also, this VI does not include the external trigger configuration; so can you please guide me through the process.
I found this VI example: "triggered Grab vi" provided by the NI Example finder, and when i tried to run it, it showed the same exact error Message.

I will appreciate your help.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,397 Views)
1 REPLY 1

Re: How to configure a hardware-triggered acquisition for XIMEA camera

The issue was solved and it was in the triggering circuit connected to the camera. 

The problem of ''Time out'' arises when configuring the camera to trigger externally without putting ''grabimage' VI in an Event Structure. With this, the grab image will not get an image unless the trigger was enabled, otherwise it will wait for it without displaying an error message. However, without an event structure, the grabimgae VI will constantly be waiting for the trigger to get the image, so if the trigger was not enabled within very short time, error will take pace because the VI has waited for a long time to get the signal 'trigger' to proceed and that did not happen. 

Please refer to the examples provided in the library. ''Low level Grab Async''. if you want to have the flexibility of displaying the camera parameters In labVIEW as well as changing them, refer to ''Grab + Attributes Setup''

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,382 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.