Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless sensor network

I am using programmable ethernet gateway(9792) and wsn nodes. i want to transfer the compressed audio file using LabVIEW. how can this be possible? if anyone can help please do so.

sincerely,

abh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,546 Views)

Where are you transferring the audio file to/from?  For what purpose?

I think the easiest thing to do would be to create a user defined variable of string type, break up the audio file, and send it via strings (Flatten to String.vi).

However, this is going to depend greatly on what you are trying to do.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 2 of 7
(7,459 Views)

Initially, i want to transfer the compressed audio file from one PC to another PC.

I thought about two schemes:

(1) each PC will be connected to a gateway, between the gateways there will be multiple NI-nodes 3202 which will multi-hop the data.

doubt: can nodes under different gateways can communicate between each other as they may belong to different groups.

(2) NI-3202 will be interfaced with PC (I see no serial port on the nodes, only analog and digital I/Os are there), between the end-nodes there

will be multiple nodes to hop the data.

My ultimate goal is to capture the audio stream from the NI-node deployment field and transmit it back to the gateway through multi-hopping.

According to some benchmark document on NI-3202, there is a very low upper-limit (<10000 samples) on the sampling rate of the analog and digital I/O of the nodes.

So that can be a bottleneck in transferring the audio file.

Is there any other way around?

Warm regards,

Abhinav

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,390 Views)

I would NOT recommend your current NI hardware setup for what you are trying to accomplish.

The NI-3202 is meant to be a distributed I/O system, NOT to interface directly to PC's.  From what I can tell you are using them to network your computers together.  You should DEFINITELY be using wireless network hardware, NOT NI data acquisition hardware for this application.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 4 of 7
(7,380 Views)

Actually sir, i am not satisfied with your answer. please read the above mentioned details carefully which i posted in the last post

warm regards,

Abhinav sharma

Thanking you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,372 Views)

Hi Abhinav,

Hopefully I can answer some of the questions you have.

(1) Nodes cannot communicate between different WSN networks. The nodes can only communicate back to their respective gateways. A way to pass info between the WSN networks would be to have the gateways comunicate to eachother via an ethernet connection. If you are dead set on using only WSN between the two gateways you can use a WSN 3230 from network A connected to the serial port of the gateway (assuming you are using a 9792 or 9795 with cRIO) on network B to pass info through the serial connection (this would not be a easy plug and play option. You would have to specifically code for each side to recieve and send data via the serial connection)

(2) The WSN-3202 cannot be directly interfaced with a PC. You will either need connect the PC to the same ethernet network as the gateway and get the info from the gateway or use a similar scheme of connecting a serial port on the PC to a WSN-3230 and passing info through the serial connection.  

I also want to clarrify that the benchmark for the max sample AI rate for the WSN-3202 came out to 37Hz for one channel and about 30Hz for all four. Also note that the benchmark did not factor in any data processing or transmition time for the data. It was purrely a speed run to see how fast data could be aquired by the hardware for a finite amount of time in which all it did was take AI samples. 

What are your requirements for your system? Is transmition distance and multi hoping the main advantage of the WSN product line you are wanting to leverage? Have you considered other alternatives that are based on ethernet connections such as 900MHz wireless bridge such as this XPRESS Wireless Ethernet Bridge?

Cheers,

Brian A

R & D Product Support Engineer | WSN/Network DAQ/Academic

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,330 Views)

Actually i dont want to use any other hardware because i am restricting to NI WSN kit. Can you tell me that what else experiments can be performed using NI WSN kit.

other things like transferring speech file through nodes is not possible because NI assistants says that the sampling rate is too low so you cannot transfer speech file though speech file samples at 44.1 KHz.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,218 Views)