Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hex communication between WSN-9791 and WSN-3231

Hello,

I am trying to send commands and receive responses through the WSN-9791 gateway  and WSN-3231 RS-485 nodes.

The commands and responses are in the form of 8 byte hex.

Currently I have verified that the send command works, because I see a status LED flash on the sensor I'm communicating with.

However, I have not been able to know if a response has been received.  It does not show up in the host code.

Please take a look at my code to let me know what is the proper way to get the response.

Thanks,

Anna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,737 Views)

I found some more documentation on this process.

The question I have is how do I get the variables in the form as shown in the purple box on the leftmost figure:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/app/largeimage?lang=en&imageurl=%2Fcms%2Fimages%2Fdevzone%2Ftut%2Fimag...

Also, how do I get radio messages with variables?  The only options available from the WSN "Radio Messages" module are:

Send Debug Message, Network Status, Sample Interval, Send User Message, Received User Message.

If I can get my UDV string readout from there sent out over radio, I think I can receive it on the host PC.

Thanks,

Anna

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,733 Views)

Also, it's starting to seem like I can't send a serial command from the gateway to the node?

Please confirm if this is true.

I was thinking of whether I can use the DIOs to send an RS-485 command.

Thanks,

Anna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,729 Views)