From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing node id error/bug

Solved!
Go to solution

i have a WSN-9791 gateway and 6 nodes

4 x 3226

1 x 3202

1 x 3212

I sat the system up at the office to test it, there i had the 3212 as ID1 and I gave all nodes a name. Now i have moved the items to the site where they have to work, but in the mean time the 3212 is no longer needed. So now i connect from a new computer to the gateway to set up my system of 5 nodes. but now i have chaned the node id of nr 5 to nr 1, but every time i add it it pops up as the 3226 but when its added it comes with my old node name and the old type:-( if i change it to a node id i never have used then its working. anyone know hoe to fix it?

I have tryed to restart the gateway, droped the nodeds, added them agian....nothing helped.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,791 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sivsko

Hi Sivsko,

Can you manually add the correct Node type in the project? 

1. Delete the 3226 labeled as 3212

2. Right click gateway in project explorer and select New>>Targets and devices

3. Select New Target or Device in the Add Targets and Devices window

4. Select WSN Node >> NI WSN-3226

5. Give it a node ID 1

You can also see if creating a new project fixes the issue.

1. Close LabVIEW completely (to delete any info in RAM)

2. Reopen LabVIEW

3. Open a New Project.

4. Right click the Project in the Project explorer and select New>> Targets and Devices

5. Select WSN Gateway>> "your Gateway"

Cheers,

Brian A

R & D Product Support Engineer | WSN/Network DAQ/Academic

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,775 Views)

Hi Brian

restarting LV did not help.

But the other did work, delete the device add one manualy, tell that device is ID 1, change the ID in MAX also, then run it. that worked.

But its like if you change the ID of a device in max, and den add it agian by seaching for it, it will not use it unless you used a new ID that havent bin used before.

If i changed the device from ID 10 to ID 1 in MAX, then i add the device to my project by seaching for it, and add it, i then select my channels to it, only 0 came out, but if i from MAX change the ID to 15 ( i haven´t used that ID before in my project ) then add it by seaching, then it works??

If i do the manual it works, but i guess that the add by detection shut work too.

Søren Hansen

DTU Fotonik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,764 Views)