Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless temperature measurement

Can we intall wireless temperature sensor for a rotating equipment.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,445 Views)

Hey harishbabu,

It is certainly possible to do wireless temperature measurements with NI hardware.  The NI WSN-3212 Thermocouple Node allows for remote wireless measurements, and can be powered by 4 AA batteries so there is no need for a power cable.

Can you give me a little info about your application?  What will you be monitoring? What sample rate do you need?  How many I/O points will you have?  What type of battery life do you need?

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Kevin

National Instruments
WSN/Wireless DAQ Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,438 Views)

Well am working in a Fibre Industry(Viscose staple Fibre),there are some maturing drums which will be rotating and we need to measure the temperature of same.Which is presently done through gauges. And could you please inform what might be the installation cost of the same.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,434 Views)

Hi harishbabu,

The product pages for all our products have a button to get a quote for a system.  The costs will largly be dependent on how many channels you are monitoring.  How many temperature measurements will you be taking?

Kevin

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,419 Views)

For trial purpose we may go for three temperature measurements!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,417 Views)

We do have a starter kit that has two nodes and a gateway as well as other accessories for people to evaluate the technology.  That may be a good starting place for you!

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,411 Views)

Dear

Hello, could helpe me.my work about to measure Temperqture by WSN wireless temperature measurements with NI hardware.  The Thermocouple Node allows for remote wireless measurements, and can be powered by 4 AA batteries so there is no need for a power cable.

Can you give me a little info about labview cod for this work?  

Look forward to hearing back from you!

many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,243 Views)

Hey Fally,

It is actually extremely easy to read data from WSN nodes in LabVIEW.  The gateway will publish all the I/O points from the nodes as Network Published Shared Variables, so you can simply drag and drop them from project and be reading data.

Can you share any more information about your application?

Look forward to hearing back.

Kevin

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,232 Views)