Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Wireless Sensor Network Measurement Nodes to measure: 4-20mA, 0-10V and Pt100?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm looking for a Wireless Sensor Network Measurement Node for measuring:

- 4 - 20mA signal

- 0 - 10V signal

- Pt100 signal.

What is the best NI Measurement Node.

Best regards,

Alioscia

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,793 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alioscia

Hi alioscia,

For all of those measurments you would probably be best off using an NI WSN-3226 if you want to measure all of those parameters at one location. You can use a shunt resistor and apply ohms law to calculate the 4-20mA measurment. 

Cheers,

Brian A

R & D Product Support Engineer | WSN/Network DAQ/Academic

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,788 Views)

Hi Brian,

does it include also humidity measurement?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,623 Views)

Hi Alioscia,

The device does not include a humidity sensor. You can use one of the analog input channels to read an external humidity sensors that outputs a voltage. Doing a quick search I was able to find several sensors that will meet this need, however the sensor required 5V and not 12V. It would have been convienient if they used 12V as they could be powered with the sensor power channel. For 5V you will either need to regulate the sensor power down to 12V or supply 5V to the DIO power channel and use one of the DIO lines to power the sensor. 

Cheers,

Brian A

R & D Product Support Engineer | WSN/Network DAQ

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,615 Views)

Just want to make a correction to my last post. When talking about supplying power to the sensor I meant to say you need to regulate the sensor power down to 5V from 12V that it supplies. 

Cheers,

Brian A

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,607 Views)

In order to interface a I2C sensor, Has the senosr a I2C port?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(8,564 Views)

HI Alioscia,

The node does not have a I2C port. It has 4 AI, 2 DI/O for I/O ports. You can read more about the capabilities of the I/O ports in the WSN-3226's spec sheet 

Cheers,

Brian A

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(8,556 Views)

Can I simulate (bit banging) I2C by using Digital Input in TTL Logic Operational Mode.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,552 Views)

Hi alioscia,

Because of the timing requirements, I highly doubt you will be able to bit bang I2C with the DIO lines. 

Cheers,

Brian A

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(8,484 Views)