Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSN 3202 sensor power voltage

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to know the amount of voltage which provides WSN-3202 for sensor powering. In datasheet it is written that it provides 12.6V. But if I operate the WSN-3202 node by battery, then at maximum, it can get 6V from the four battery. so, how it can be able to give 12V to sensor where driving by 6V battery? please help.

I have another question, as far my knowledge, the node will not send data continuously, when gateway will call it, it will send and thus it will save battery by making it on after gateway call- is this idea right? if it so, then when the node is in sleep mode (not sending any data, connection off) it will not give any voltage to sensor- it should be? is it? then when gateway will call, connection makes on, node gives power to sensor. but it will make a delay to give power to sensor, and collect data from sensor-right? will it affect?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,852 Views)

Hi LSG,

The WSN-3202 has a switching power supply to generate the sensor power, and it will therefore always be at the voltage specified in the datasheet (11.5V to 13.35V, 12.6V typical).

The WSN-3202 has a configurable option for you to tell it when to supply sensor power.  You can choose it to come on 0, 25, 100, or 200ms before each measurement, or you can select it to be always on.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,846 Views)

Hi Kellam,

Thank you for your reply.

It has a power supply in it?so, the supply takes power from the same 4 batteries right?

How can I choose the time to make the sensor power on before each measurement? Does it happen programmatically? another thing, is there any option to make the gateway wake and sleep by programmatically or it is automatic?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,841 Views)

Hello LSG,

The power for "sensor power" is taken from the 4 AA batteries or the external power supply if it is attached.

The sensor power power up time is software configurable from the project, right click on your node in the LV project and see the configurable settings:

sensor power.jpg

You can also program this setting on the node using the LV WSN Module.

The WSN Gateways are always externally powered there for is always on. Do you need a sleepy gateway? What is your application space?

Thanks!

Corby

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,804 Views)

Hi,

Thank u for your reply..I have now understood the total thing.

In the previous post, I have mistakenly wrote the gateway sleep and wake mode instead of node wake and sleep mode. I want to know that how do I make wsn node wake and sleep after some time period to save the power? Is it configurable by software or the time period is static by manufacturer?

another question, the window shown in your last post, contains a sample interval field, what does this interval signifies?

1. the node will be on after each of this interval?,

or 2. the sensor power will be on after this interval?

or else? please respond.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,795 Views)

No reply of the previous post till now??!!!!! Please please respond....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,775 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LSG

Hello LSG,

Must have lost this reply in my email. My appologies that I am just now responding!!

The Sample Interval is when the nodes wakes up, samples the front end (AI and DIO) and then transmits that data back to the gateway. This is done on the sample interval, so if your sample interval is 5 seconds this is how often it happens. The node is asleep the rest of the time. Sampling and trasmitting takes ms. 

The Sensor power time setting is for you to specify when you want the power line to enable. So for instance, if your setting is 250ms for sensor power and our sample interval is 5 seconds:

1. Start time = 0 

2. Sensor power on at 4.75 seconds

3. Sample front end and transmit data at 5 seconds

4. Node goes back to sleep at ~5.1 seconds

Let me know if this clears things up for you. 

Again sorry for the late reply.

Corby

WSN R & D Product Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,644 Views)

Thanks a lot for the reply. It is better late than never.My idea now has become totally clear. Again thanks a lot for the reply.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,638 Views)

Fantastic!

Best of luck to you!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,611 Views)

Is there any way to increase the delay time past 250ms?  I think my sensor requires a bit more warmup time, like 2s. 

Also, do you know if there's a way to know the exact sensor power voltage being supplied at the time the sensor is read?  I'm using a ratiometric sensor so I need to know input as well as output.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(7,402 Views)