Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB dongle

Hi NI community!!!
I am new member in the forum but I have experience with the Labview Software and NI products.
I would send a question in relation with a bluetooth comunication, I have a sensor with a bluetooth module (BLE 112 of BLUEGIGA) this sensor has been developed to connect with IOS and Android Smartphones, and I need for a special application developt a LAbview Software that read the values of this sensor. The sensor developer has suggest to me that by mean of a USB dongle (BLED112) I can connect this sensor with the PC and is true that by mean a specific software of BLUEGIGA I can connect this sensor and read the sensor values, batery status, etc..
My question is how I can connect this sensor with the Labview software, by the moment I can open the USB port and close communication by mean of the VISA tools but opened this comunication I can not connect the bluetooth module and try to access to the sensor values.
Some people in the forum has worked with this bluetooth USB dongle? Exist any driver that can help my to connect this sensor?
Bluegiga has too an module of programmation that permits generate scripts and maybe I can generate an script and work with it in Labview...
Could someone help me?
Thanks in advance!!!
Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,773 Views)

Hi everybody,

Since some weeks I am advancing in this point and I found in the developer sensor page, a *.jar with the sensor libraries to develop mobile apps, this libraries permits connect the sensor with the mobile to develo the app software in android or ios. 

As I commented in the previous post I am interesting in communicate the sensor with my PC (Windows 7), sensor uses a Bluetooth low energy device and directly I can not communicate with it bymean of the Labview bluetooth library, but I am thinking in use this *.jar to develop the communication libraries in Labview. 

I read that Labview can not work properly with *.jar and bymean of the next link 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-can-we-link-Java-Code-with-LabView/td-p/407961 and this application http://www.ikvm.net/uses.html I can convert the *.jar in *.dll that permit to me use the labview tools .NET and access to the library I attach an image with this. 

With this advances, I need some support about how I must use this *.NET library? Is the first time that I use it. 

I go on in the correct way?

Thanks in advance. 

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,670 Views)