Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI WSN 3212 and NI WSN 3202 when uploaded with Target VI with

Solved!
Go to solution

NI WSN 3212 and NI WSN 3202 when uploaded with a new firmware using ''add LABView WSN Target'' option, fails to re connect with the ethernet gateway NI WSN- 9791. In MAX, Link Quality status is  'Signal Lost'.

Basically, I tried to change the sample interval from within the "Sample "case structure, then built the VI and deployed to both the WSN nodes. They show the status of uploading firmware and the LABView also shows 'deployed successfully' message, but then, nodes just start scanning and never connect again.

Please help in this regard.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,745 Views)

Hi i just want to conflict here on two issues:

1. just check whether the Programmable nodes work well with NI 9791 gateway or not.

2. Remove the updated firmware and install the firmware again.

3. Reset the node and gateway , it may work.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhinav

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,741 Views)

When I removed the top cover and RESET the nodes to factory settings, then they got connected back again. But with the default sampling interval, that is sending data every 5sec. 

I need to change sampling interval and add other intelligent features like send data when greater than a threshold etc. But I try to do that, after the new Target VI is deployed into the nodes, they don't connect again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,738 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author binarystar105

Hello binarystar105,

When you uploaded new firmware, did you follow the steps outlined in this article?

How Do I Upgrade the Firmware on My NI WSN Gateway?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CF6241F5F849FC7086257909008327C5?OpenDocument

Also, what firmware version do you currently have?

What version of the LabVIEW WSN Module are you working with?

If you look at the node properties from your LabVIEW Project Explorer window, can you set the sample interval from the node tab?

You may already be familiar with this material, but I found the following white paper to be extremely helpful when I started working with WSN:

Getting Started with NI Wireless Sensor Networks

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/8890/en/

Erin D.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,728 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author binarystar105

Hi, Binarystar 105

I recommend you to have a look at the firmware version compatibility according to the LabVIEW version.   e.g, LabVIEW 2012 compatible with firmware version v.4 and lABview 2013 compatible with version v.5

Thanks and Regards,

AbhinavSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
(7,721 Views)

Previously my Ethernet gateway NI-WSN 9791 has a firmware version 1.2.0, now I have updated that to 1.5.0 and everything works all fine. Thanks everyone!

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,677 Views)