Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI WSN 3202 Powering by battery or external supply

Hi all,

I have a confusion about the powering of WSN 3202 node. In its manual (version Apr 2010) is written that "The device automatically detects which power source is connected and switches to that source. The device is not designed to provide battery backup in the event of loss of external power. If both power sources are connected, the device functions from the external power input, but may require a device reset when external power is disconnected"

But in the manual of Nov 2010 it is written that "If both battery and external power are connected, the NI WSN-3202 functions from the external power input. The device is designed to provide battery backup in the event of loss of external power and will automatically switch to battery power when external power is lost."

Which one I shall take as correct one? As I want to give both the power and want to operate it in external power whenever there is sufficient external power, and when power is lost, it will work on battery. For this reason, should I use the things directly or I have to use any reset button?

Please help. I have attached both the manuals herewith.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,803 Views)

Here, you should use the things directly. simply, connect your node using external power supply and when the power gets switched off then reset you node it will turn to battery mode.Enjoyy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,703 Views)