From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leach algorithm Question

Hi Everyone.

I have problem with part of LEACH algorithm, this is what wrote in clustering part of LEACH algorithm:

Each node that has elected itself a cluster-head for the current round broadcasts an advertisement message to the rest of the nodes. For this “cluster-head-advertisement” phase, and all cluster-heads transmit their advertisement using the same transmit energy. The non-cluster-head nodes must keep their receivers on during this phase of set-up to hear the ad- vertisements of all the cluster-head nodes.

I just have a question about "Cluster-Head advertisement message to the rest of the nodes".

Is this message sent to all the nodes in the network? for example all 150 nodes in 200 x 200 region?? or just nodes in Cluster head range? i think it's not efficient, i try to do same on my thesis but i think it's not logical !! can someone explain this to me? if it just broadcast to nodes within it's range what is best range for Node?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,468 Views)

Hi Kousheshy,

This article is on NI WSN topology setup. I don't think it is exactly what you are looking for, but I think it will help.

Also, this forum is primarily used for discussing NI products. You are welcome to ask more general questions here, but in this case, you might get a better answer if you ask your professor or your classmates.

Ren H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,434 Views)

Thanks RenKylo2.

Yes it seems i must ask my professor..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,426 Views)

no, the message will be only sent to the nodes that are in the cluster head range

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,237 Views)

yes. thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,047 Views)