From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get User Messages on the Host PC from WSN Nodes

Hi,
   I have read the "LabVIEW Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) Pioneer - Under the Hood" and try to transmit user messages from a WSN node to the host. 

However, I am stuck at the WSN Get New Messages VI. I am unable to use a "Display Message to User" function or "Unbundle function" to retrieve the messages from WSN Get New Messages VI. Can anyone help me ? I have been stuck here for hours. Thank you very much !

Regards,

Xinke

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,171 Views)

Hi xinke,

looking at your code, I believe the issu eis that the output of the Get New Message node is an array of clusters and as such should be indexed as with a normal array before being split up with unbundle. i have attached a VI that shows this to my post.

I hope that this helps!

Liam A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,155 Views)

Thank you for your assistance ! 

But I am unable to try it out as I encounter a new error "LabVIEW:  Invalid entry in configuration file.".

Can you assist ? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,147 Views)

Hi xinke,

This seems a rare occurence, the only time of which I can find the problem was solved by opening the project in LabVIEW 2009 before re-opening in LabVIEW 2010. I don't know if this was a solution or simply a symptom.

Let me know if this helps,

Liam A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,139 Views)

Hi Liam,

I had Labview 2009 installed on my laptop. I have since uninstalled it and installed Labview 2010. I opened a new project in Labview 2010 with a new VI, insert the A01 input from the Analog node and hit "Run" and the error message "LabVIEW:  Invalid entry in configuration file." appears again!

Can you advise what should I do ? Is there a way I can view the configuration file ? Please advise. thank you.

Regards,

xinke

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,064 Views)

Just an update - I have managed to resolve the issue after doing a firmware upgrade.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,033 Views)

Hi,

Could you tell me, where Can I download the firmware to WSN 9791 or WSN 3212, please.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,820 Views)