Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digi INTERNATIONAl ZIGBEE module set up

Hi I am working with the NI 9792 programmable Gateway and I want to know if its possible to connect third party end nodes such as DIGI INTERNATIONAL zigbee modules .I wonder  if there is a driver that allows  the NI 9792  to recognized other modules different from NI WSN nodes. 

Secondly, I try to access to the WSN sub VI  to understand how we can get raw data from a end node but it ask´s for a password, I did this to understand how NI get the data from it´s WSN ZIGBEE  end nodes   

Please help,

Thanks 

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,397 Views)

Hi Michael,

I’m afraid 3rd party zigbee modules are not compatible. If the 3rd party modules possess different communication methods (standard protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, etc..) you can use those  channels to send data to the node using the Gateway.

About the second question, I believe this white paper can take you on the right direction: The LabVIEW Wireless Sensor Network Module - Under the Hood.

Regards,

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,382 Views)

Hi Alejandro

Thanks for your answer, it is kind of weird that NI made such a limited tool.  I think that there is a chance becuase the hardware supports the IEEE 802.15.4, which means that the limitation must be on the software and that could be solved by having the opportunity to access to the lower layer of the system. I dont know but there should exist that capability beacuse some other third party companies made advances on doing some drivers with the NI 9792, I would appreciate if someone could help us bypassing this software limitation. I want to know if someone could help us on how to acces maybe to the antenna interface just to adquire raw data from  external DIGI zigbee modules,

Thanks again

Michael 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,379 Views)