Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect to nodes

Hi all,

I have the 3202 and 3212 nodes and have connected to them and used them before in a LV project. Now I cannot connect to them anymore. The nodes are continuously searching for a network and the gateway is about 1m from them. The nodes are connected to a PSU so there's no shortage of power. I've tried restoring them to factory defaults but still nothing. Any suggestions?

I have followed the getting started manual over and over, but I'm sure that if the nodes are still searching I won't be able to add them in max anyway.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,835 Views)

Didn't mention I have already gone through the knowledge base articles.

This article was informative, but unfortunely it has not solved the problem.

I have however got the 3212 to connect, but the 3202 is still not connecting. I found the combination which worked for the 3212 was to update the firmware to the gateway again, reboot it and then reset (greater than 5 seconds) and then add the node.

Will post the solution for the 3202 when I get there, but will appreciate any advice in the meantime.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,832 Views)
Alright, 3202 connection at last. I rebooted the gateway, reset the node to factory defaults about 3 times and rebooted a few times and eventually it connected after the same procedure I could have sworn I've done over and over, but at least now I've read every WSN knowledge base information there is to date. Other than this little problem, the wireless modules have been very simple and easy to use. Hope to see some more modules come out in the future.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,826 Views)

Hi JChec,

I am sorry to hear you encountered some setup problems.  My first suggestion would have been to try a new Zigbee Channel, and the reset the nodes to scan for that new channel.  Can I ask what Zigbee channel you are currently using?

If you see this behavior again, please let us know.

Regards,

Kevin H

National Instruments
WSN/Wireless DAQ Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,824 Views)
Perhaps they were too close together?  Sometimes wireless things have to be a minimum distance apart.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,729 Views)

Hi,

I had tried putting them some distance apart incase that was the issue. But didn't seem to help at the time. They are working 100% now and they are about 2m apart.

Thanks,

J

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,712 Views)