cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRIO and WSN

Solved!
Go to solution

Good day,

This shows I can use WSN with CRIO. I've installed the RIO software NI-RIO 3.3.0 and I have WSN 1.0.2. When I view my crio in remote systems in Max, the software shows 3.3.0 installed, but if I expand this, there is nothing about WSN, I'm assuming this is the problem why I'm having trouble deploying my vi, with wsn apps in, to the crio.

Is there other software required for using WSN with CRIO?

Thanks,

Jevon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(9,265 Views)

Hey Jevon,

What exactly are you doing on the cRIO?  Are you just using the IOVs to read data from the WSN Network, or are you using the WSN Host API Palette? 

If you are just using the IOVs, you shouldn't need anything related to WSN installed on the cRIO.  You'll just want to make sure you have all the variable support installed.

What errors are you getting when trying to deploy your VI?

Kevin 

National Instruments
WSN/Wireless DAQ Product Support Engineer
Message 2 of 8
(9,263 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the super quick response.

I am using the host api palette, I understand from one of the previous threads that the host api's might not be supported on windows CE, but figured it wouldn't be a problem on the RT systems like crio.

error i'm receiving on deployment ----

GetGatewayConfig:C on RT target device.
LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library hostAPI.dll:ConnectToGateway:C on RT target device.

Thats the error and hence why I figured I need extra software on the crio.

Thanks,

Jevon

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(9,258 Views)

Hey Jevon,

If you are using the Host API Palette, you will need to install the WSN Host Palette on the cRIO.  Just to note, this is not the NI-WSN Driver, but a part of the LV WSN Module.  When you go to install software, do you have the option to install it?

Also, what cRIO controller do you have?  Is it VXWorks or Pharlap based? 

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(9,253 Views)

HI Kevin

I have the 9014 - VXWorks based.

I have the wireless sensor network pioneer module installed, but I don't have the option to install it when installing software on my crio through max.

Thanks,

Jevon

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(9,245 Views)

Hey Jevon,

Are you using LV 2009 and LV RT 2009?  I believe it should be available to install if so.  There is another engineer who supports the host API, so let me confirm with him.

Kevin 

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(9,240 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JChec

Make sure you select "Custom software installation" at the bottom of the cRIO software list.

Click Yes to the warning.

Then scroll to the bottom of the list and select WSN Host API 1.0.0

Install.

Kurt 

Message 7 of 8
(9,233 Views)

Thanks for the posts! Reinstalled WSN and latest RT on Friday afternoon and did as Kurt described and I now had the option to install WSN.

Thanks,

Jevon

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(9,214 Views)