cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building WSN node VI Error (evaluation)

Solved!
Go to solution

HI, 

I'm doing a WSN evaluation (and downloaded the WSN Pioneer Module) and am trying to build one of the example VI's to deploy to a programmable node.

It keeps failing on the build and giving me the attached error...

Is this because I can't build with the module in avaluation mode?

wsnBuildError.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,619 Views)

THis seems to be an intermittent problem.  For the last couple of days I've never been able to do a successful build.  Then all of a sudden it works today.  No code changes or anything.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,602 Views)

Hi markza,

Based on the error message, it seems like it's trying to compile your file to a directory location that you don't have permission to access.  It is odd though, because I'm sure that you're logged in as MarkF.  So, any of those files should be accessible by you.  Has anything changed from the time that it worked and didn't work?  IE, did you restart LabVIEW, your computer, open a different example, a new project, etc?

Also, can you tell me what example that you're running?

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 11
(7,597 Views)

I was first trying to build my own app for my 3226 node (without success), then I just tried to build the DIO Notifications example.

I have checked my permissions and that temp folder allows for full control.

I'm not sure what I did differently to actually get it to build, seems to be just pure luck.  I guess it was a new day, so I did do a restart

But today again it can't build.  Haven't been able to get past 22% in the build before the error comes.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,591 Views)

Hi markza,

I installed LV 2010 SP1 along with WSN Pioneer Module.  I ran both in evaluation mode, and I was able to build an application successfully.  Is your hard disk almost full?  It's a long shot, but I'm trying to think of other possibilities.  

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,578 Views)

Haha, no where near full - over 300Gigs remaining.

I'm getting our license in the next couple of days for the pioneer module, so I'll update the thread then after testing it fully licensed.  Its very strange, but lets see after I'm licensed i guess?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,551 Views)

Ok, got my license and it still didn't compile. So it can't be a licensing issue.

But I have found something.  If I disable my Kaspersky virus protection...it compiles.   I'll keep doing more investigations into this to confirm if its definitely Kaspersky, but for now, thats the only thing I've switched off and changed and it builds.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,529 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author markza

Yup, that seems to be it, virus protection always getting in the way.  Just need to pause protection for the build and it works.

Thanks Che T.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,523 Views)

Hi markza,

Thank you for the update!  I'm glad that you were able to isolate it to your virus scanner.

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,506 Views)

I had problems building Labview 2009 exes with Kaspersky running on two XP stations. Folder permissions were all checked and were ok. No programs would build to any location on the XP computer with Kaspersky running.

An error occurred while building the application. Either you do not have the correct permissions to create the application at the specified location or the application is in use.

Invoke Node in AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

<APPEND>

Method Name: <b>Build:Application</b>

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,966 Views)