Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

36 wsn-3202

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello, Dear NI Engineers! There is a task to build wsn net with 9791gtw and 36 x 3202 modules on a COMPACT territory ~ 70x70meters, is it possible? (All the documents are read, please don't refer) Problem is that all modules can "see" radio-signal of each other on the small territory so it produces interference and there is no possibilities to separate wsn-routers. All modules are distributed equably on a square. Wsn-9791 is on the one side of the square on a 8m height. Has Anybody ideas? Or may be sombody can persuade me that such scheme is improper? Scheme in the attachments. Thanks for any help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(8,726 Views)

attachment...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(8,723 Views)

Hey Kolan,

We actually a test a similar setup here at NI in a much smaller area.  One of our test cases is to put 36 nodes in a small area only a few meters wide.  This topology works out great.  For this scenario, you will need to have 4 nodes externally powered as routers to accommodate for all the end nodes.

Please let me know how I can help with your deployment.  Can you share any more information about what you are trying to accomplish?

Thanks,

Kevin

National Instruments
WSN/Wireless DAQ Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(8,718 Views)

Thanks a lot, Your information is very helpful.

I've tried this scheme: 4 router nodes which has signal "Excelent". But only 8-23 nodes works. Perhaps, I need to press the button on each wsn-node after reconfiguration? But I'm waiting more than 5 minutes, and modules are not connecting. I'm using 12 wireless channel (Russia).

I'll retry the experiment tommorow and will ask You again, Kevin. Thanks for reply!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(8,714 Views)

Hey Kolan,

What firmware do you have running on the nodes?  It also may be helpful to try a different wireless channel.  ZigBee Channels 15 and 20 are typically the two channels that least affected by 802.11 traffic.

Keep in mind that if you do change the channel, you will need to hold the connect button down for 5+ seconds on all the nodes to get them searching for a new channel.

Look forward to hearing how it works out.

Kevin

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(8,710 Views)

Hello, Kevin!
We've followed Your advices, updated firmware to 1.0.1f0(modules) and gateway firmware was 1.0.1. Now just 1-2 modules is offline, all other work Smiley Happy
Wireless channel changed to 20 and result is greater. All experiments will be continued later after 2 days and I'll will post final result.
Thanks for Your help!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(8,700 Views)

Hey Kolan,

I see you are using an older version of the driver.

NI-WSN 1.1 is currently available here.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(8,698 Views)

Hm... it's strange... I've used old wsn driver because I've seen that new wsn installer doesn't offer variant for LabView 8.6.1 version, but only >=2009 and in readme file was the same information.

But I've did it too long ago. I'll try this driver again and post all results 2 days later!

Thanks a lot, Kevin!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(8,691 Views)

Hello, Kevin!

I have one problem with new wsn driver. When wsn module lost signal we'have got an error of variable reading in old 1.0.0 version. But in new 1.0.1 version variable return last value and doesn't let us know is the module connected or not. I don't know is there this problem in 1.1.0 driver because I've not installed it yet. In LabView 2009 there is a way to get information of modules by gateway requests. In 8.6.1 I've not seen it.

And the second problem is when I've installed 1.1.0 driver, updated wsn gateway and the in MAX I'm about to update modules firmware. But MAX write "Update Pending" and nothing else.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(8,659 Views)

update started Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(8,656 Views)