This is the best seminar I have attended. If you have a chance I would highly recomend going.
PCB Piezotronics Invites You to Attend
"Successful Measurement of Dynamic Force, Pressure and Acceleration”
Join PCB Piezotronics for a three-day training, "Successful Measurement of Dynamic Force, Pressure and Acceleration", August 17th-19th near PCB® corporate headquarters. The training course will be presented by Patrick L. Walter, Ph.D., Senior Measurement Specialist, PCB Piezotronics and Professor, Texas Christian University, and includes lectures, hands-on demonstrations, and a factory tour. Cost is $650.00 USD per person, with class size limited to the first 40 paid registrants. For additional information on PCB® products, call us at 800-828-8840 or go to http://www.pcb.com
At this seminar, participants will learn to:
· Understand physics and operating characteristics of dynamic force, pressure, and acceleration transducers and constraints associated with their use;
· Interface transducers effectively with intended test environments;
· Condition transducer signals to maintain their fidelity through selection of appropriate cabling, amplifiers, analog filters, sampling rates, DAQs, etc.;
· Document extraneous measurands (strain, temperature, ionization products of detonation, magnetic fields, etc.) that superpose as noise on desired transducer response;
· Apply corrective action for elimination of these noise levels;
· Validate that final, recorded signals contain only the desired (force, pressure, or acceleration) data;
· Perform “back of the envelope” checks to assure bandwidth of the recording system did not impose constraints on recorded data;
· Perform sensor and system calibration, data analysis, and data utilization.
The training course will also include in-house demonstrations by PCB® staff of sensor component manufacturing, as well as sensor assembly, testing, and calibration.
About the Speaker:
Patrick L. Walter, Ph.D., Senior Measurement Specialist, PCB Piezotronics, and Professor, Texas Christian University, will serve as seminar facilitator. Dr. Walter was employed for 30 years at Sandia National Laboratories, with the majority of his tenure spent managing flight, field, and laboratory test activities. The commonality of his work activities involved testing in hostile environments. In 1995, Dr. Walter joined the Engineering Department of Texas Christian University (TCU), where he teaches and has served as Chair. Dr. Walter also holds the position of Measurement Specialist at PCB®, where he consults on dynamic force, pressure and acceleration measurement, primarily for aerospace and defense applications. Dr. Walter’s technical articles and papers have appeared in numerous publications. He has served on and chaired various United States Department of Defense and Department of Energy committees, is active in many professional societies, and teaches Measurement System Engineering through TCU’s Extended Education Department. He is a licensed professional engineer.
Who Should Attend?
This three-day program is geared toward senior technicians, test engineers, engineering analysts, and test facility managers whose work depends on acquiring valid data.
To reserve your space, please complete and submit the registration form, located at http://www.pcb.com/events/index.php or contact Alyson Grande, at 866-816-8892 ext. 2628, or via email at email@example.com. Hope to see you there!