From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Webcast Wednesday Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcast Wednesday Contest # 4

I hope the color is not displayed in the indication tab. Here is the image of it.Analog Clock image.png

Message 11 of 25
(4,288 Views)

That was an nice vi to look into very simple , gentle and understandable.

Balaji_DP wrote:

clock LV2011

Message 12 of 25
(4,288 Views)

Check your clock again... after 12 moving to 1 pm the hour needle not moving corresponding minutes needle

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(4,288 Views)

Hi NGupta:

You are right.

I followed the performance of the Windows taskbar clock (Open your windows clock and how the minutes update ever 60 seconds). This carried on to the hour performance that you described.

What do you think of the second version?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(4,288 Views)

Second version looks good. But there is small bug between 12 to 1. The hour clock does not move between this duration

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(4,288 Views)

Bug Fixed (As I mentioned earlier without any additional code).

Message 16 of 25
(4,288 Views)

Hi All,

Many of you have made very good VIs. Kudos to you all

Kudos:

• All of you have made clock VIs which are working well.
  • A few of you have made hours', minutes' seconds' hand that have different appearance, just like a real clock. That is really good.
  • Most of you have made smoothly moving hours' hand needle.
  • Some of you have resized the front panel while runtime & run when opened etc.
  • All of you have made neatly worked out GUIs. That is great.

I have a few suggestions for everyone:

• You can use a 'Seconds to Date/Time' VI along with 'Unbundle By Name' to extract the time. By default, if nothing is connected to the above VI, it gives the current time. I see that many of you have used an elaborate set of string processing VIs to extract the time. It is not really necessary. You can look at the attached VI
  • For those of you who are still thinking how to proceed, customize the 'Gauge' indicator.
  • For those of you who have been able to implement clock with hours' minutes' and seconds' needle of same lengths, try implementing your clock with the needles of different lengths. As it is in a real clock (seconds' needle is longer than minutes' needle is longer than hours' needle)

We still have 4 days ahead of us. Keep improvising

Regards

Raviteja Chivukula

Staff Applications Engineer

NI India

Download All
Message 17 of 25
(4,288 Views)

Attached the working clock, may not be the metallic frame used old clock frame...

Download All
Message 18 of 25
(4,288 Views)

Hi Arib,

The VI is good. But it would be better if you had used a while loop so that the clock runs continuously. Also, from your picture, I see that you use, 'Run Continuously' option. It is recommended that you use the 'Run Once' button instead. Your VI should have the while loop so that the code repeats.

Cheers

Raviteja

Message 19 of 25
(4,288 Views)

Plese find attached the .rar file containing code for Analog clock, developed in LV2012.

Message 20 of 25
(4,288 Views)