From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Webcast Wednesday Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcast Wednesday Contest # 14

Question)

Create a Calculator in LabVIEW based on the the operations learnt today. For example, include - Basic arithmetic,  compound arithmetic, Trigonometric operations, Matrix operations, Polynomial equation solving.

Points will be given based on functionality, aesthetics and programming practises.

Hint - Try using state machine with event structures.  ( http://www.ni.com/white-paper/2926/en/ , http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3331/en/  )

Leave your answers as comments below by clicking on Reply

https://decibel.ni.com/content/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-52994-89899/321ylper.JPG

You will need to be logged-in to do so. Click here to sign-in/sign-up.

Rules & Guidelines

• Post your answers as comments on this thread.
  • The participant answering all the questions correctly and in the shortest time will be the winner. In case of VI or code as answers, the participant will also be judged on the basis of the efficiency of the VI/code.
  • The deadline for answer submission is next Monday. Entries made after Monday will not be accepted.
  • Entries made after the deadline will not be accepted.
  • The winner will be announced in the next session of Webcast Wednesday and on this thread, with further information & next steps.

Recordings of the Previous Sessions

Previous Contests of the Week

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 39
(11,587 Views)

Find calculator...

Give suggestions and feedback.

Regards

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
Message 2 of 39
(4,461 Views)

Hello Friends,

Please go through the attached file.

Please give feedback and suggestion.

Warm Regards,

Parth Somaiya

Message 3 of 39
(4,461 Views)

Hi,

Please find my attached Vi for calculator

Message 4 of 39
(4,461 Views)

Hi friends,

I`ve attached my piece of work with this post. I hope there are lot of things that can be improvised from my VI from your feedbacks. To he honest, before I start building an calculator I was looking some sample calculator made this. All the best for the participants.

Download All
Message 5 of 39
(4,461 Views)

Hi sapsatin,

Your calculator is great all the best for the contest.....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 39
(4,461 Views)

Hi PBP,

Nice work, is that an JKI package that you have used in the program, to look simple... All the best

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 39
(4,461 Views)

Hi Paarth,

The calculator is great and the run time menu ... All the best...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 39
(4,461 Views)

@Ganesh,

No I haven't used JKI frame work. This is a standard frame work that I use in all my code developments.

Thanks All the best.

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 39
(4,461 Views)

Hello Friends,

Please find the attached .rar file & run the Calculator.vi.

Give feedback & suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,

Shweta Walanj

Message 10 of 39
(4,461 Views)