From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Washington Community Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recertification Points

Solved!
Go to solution

So, do we get 5 points towards recertification for attending each of our meetings?

Who will notify NI to make sure they are recorded?

https://download.ni.com/evaluation/certification/recertification_by_points/recertification_by_points...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,864 Views)

You have to tell NI yourself via email.  And the local rep (Justin) has to confirm it.

Not the best system.

-John
------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,862 Views)

So, what is the exact order of actions? First I write them "Hey, I just attended a group meeting. Justin can confirm", then they ask Justin, then he confirms, and only after all that they record my points somewhere? What if Justin himself was not at the meeting?

We actually sign up when we come, so you, Jared, Justin ("organizers") know who was there. Should we add certifications on the sign-up sheet? Then either of you ("organizers") can simply send NI just one email with all the names of the certified guys who attended that particular meeting for them/us to get those 5 points.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,859 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author styrum

Unfortunately Jared and I do not work for NI and have no ability to grant anyone points.  They will only accept the word of an NI employee.  And I know this is dumb but that is how they are running this thing for now.  It would be great if they would create a web form where we could submit for points and also if there was some way to automatically approve them when you attend, but that seems to be beyond their capabilities at this time.

Best you can do for now is email certificationrewards@ni.com (and CC justin.cooper@ni.com) with the date of the meeting your attended and a request they add your points to whatever spreadsheet/post-it note they are using to track them. Smiley Indifferent

Also note if you presented since that is worth another 10 points.

-John
------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 4 of 7
(5,857 Views)
Solution

Thanks, John, for this explanation. I can be copied on these emails at justin.cooper@ni.com, and I'm happy to vouch for attendees.

Message 5 of 7
(5,846 Views)
Solution

I like this idea. I can capture the sign-up sheets and send them to certifications after each meeting.

Message 6 of 7
(5,845 Views)

Thank you, Justin! I just sent them an email and cc'd you.

So, will it be 10 or 15 if one presents? It is not clear from that document.

I can present my EDQSM design pattern and discuss Moore vs Mealy vs Hierarchical state machines at the next meeting if nobody minds.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,837 Views)