Washington Community Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Postings in the Pacific Northwest

I am often asked by managers and recruiters about candidates for job openings. We need a good location to post these positions- so I'm starting this discussion thread as a starting point. If you have a job opening you'd like to advertise, please post it here as a response to this thread. I'll post the current positions that I'm aware of.

Also, if you are looking for a LabVIEW job, or a LabVIEW programmer, you should also check out the LabVIEW Career Network. This group has a much wider following than the PacNW group, with more resources on jobs, candidates, and searching.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(16,879 Views)

Water Tectonics - Software Engineer

Contact Jason Mothersbaugh, jason@watertectonics.com

http://www.watertectonics.com

Software Engineer

Scope and Responsibilities:

·  Leads Labview software development efforts, standardizes Labview  GUI's and defines requirements for testers and test support  equipment.

·  Defines, records and verifies software requirements on assigned  projects.

·  Leads revision control system implementation.

·  Leads software coding standard definition and adherence.

·  Responsible for authoring requirements and translating those  requirements into design and development tasks. ·  Designs, constructs, tests,  and implements software enhancements, delivered on-time and in accordance with  all established standards.

·  Anticipates, communicates and manages project show-stoppers and/or  other project risks, and escalates as appropriate.

·  Looks for ways to improve existing processes.

·  Develops manufacturing test fixture code.

·  Reviews SRD specifications and designs Labview applications to ensure  that the products meet the specifications defined in the SRD  document.

·  Participates in establishing software development quality standards  and ensures that all projects follow those standards.

· Works in conjunction with the Electrical Engineering department to  establish test protocols for board, sub-assembly and final assembly  testing.

·  Identifies new technologies and implements as needed.

·  Other duties as  assigned.

Requirements:

·  Bachelor's Degree (B.S.E.E.) from four year college or university,  and five years related experience, or combination of education and experience.

·  Prototyping of new concepts and responsive to changing market  conditions.

·  Experience with PC-based Visual Programming tools such as LabView for  GUI development.

·  Experience with IDE tools for embedded controllers, and  C.

·  Windows application programming in C, C++ or comparable  language.

·  Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,907 Views)

Nice cut-n-paste job. Is there some sort of auto job posting form they are using??

-John
------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,907 Views)

Korry Electronics (Esterline Control Systems) is looking for a Sr. Test Equipment Engineer. Please apply online in their website and then contact frank.napolitan@esterline.com for more information.

Sr. Test Equipment Engineer

Tracking Code

Job Description

Korry Electronics, a subsidiary of Esterline, is the internationally recognized leader in the design and manufacture of electro-optical display products, subsystems and discrete components for the aerospace and defense industries. We are a cutting-edge, industry pacesetter in many technologies (such as Night Vision and LED) that drive advances in critical applications for man-machine interfaces.

We currently have an opening for a Test Equipment Engineer.

Our Test Equipment Engineers are responsible for developing and sustaining manufacturing and service test equipment. The engineer who fills this position must have proven strengths in problem solving, troubleshooting and Lean Manufacturing skills. This position also requires development and support of ESS/HASS/HALT, vibration test equipment and software suites.

Responsibilities:

Develop Test Specifications from Functional Test Requirements

Create electronic diagrams and schematics using Schematic Capture

Create fixtures and drawings using Autocad and/or Pro-E

Performs Verification and validation

Use of MRP/ERP

Experience estimating project and proposal activities

Identifying, categorizing, and averting project risks (risk management)

Coordinates test equipment design reviews and ensuring the generation of appropriate design documentation

Designs and implements activities required to deploy the project test solutions to a variety of customers

Reviews product designs and creates test solutions that maximize test coverage in the manufacturing and service environments

Controls changes to the project scope and baseline

Manages and controls applicable NRE budgets

Prepares and presents project / technical information internally and to customers

Qualifications:

BSEE or equivalent degree

Minimum 3 years related experience

Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills

Project and subcontracts management skills required

Software skills in LabWindows/CVI and LabView are desired

Has demonstrated coordination of several projects and complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules

Excellent time management skills (ability to multitask and delegate work to support technicians and peers)

Experience in coordinating teams through hardware builds

Experience managing and controlling applicable NRE budgets

Demonstrates the Following Esterline Competencies:

Customer Focus

Ethics and Values

Problem Solving

Integrity and Trust

Functional/Technical Skills

Listening

Action-oriented

Composure

Values Diversity

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,907 Views)

Immediate opening closed.  Korry is still interested in a Labview developer. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,907 Views)

Hello Steve,

I am new to this forum/discussion and generally a newbie on how to post stuff on a discussion forum, etc. Maybe you can help with that and my current project.

First some background. I am a plant molecular biologist at the UW in Seattle. Many, many moons ago I did some computer programming (mostly basic, but a few a attempts at fortran). I have a single programming project in LabView, so really do not plan on using it much. I did go to a three hour short course and in some ways the programming seems not too difficult/intutive, until one really gets into it. I have at least been able to access an analog voltage output to measure a temperature. However, to do the rest will take more time than I would like. So, I would really like to find someone locally that would be willing to do the programming for me (or at least help me do it). Of course, compensation (monetary, amount negotiable) will be provided. I tried to find a UW student that was interested, without success.

Anyway, if this is something you can help me with, let me know and I can provide more details of my LabView programming project.

Thanks,

Delene

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,907 Views)

Delene-

We have a list of programmers in the area that we recommend at http://www.ni.com/seattle. Look along the right side under "PacNW Alliance Members." The links there include contact information for each programmer.

Email me at steve.summers@ni.com if you have any questions or want to discuss anyone individually.

- Steve

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,907 Views)

Hello,

I'm a LabVIEW contractor in Bend, Oregon. You could contact me if you can't find anyone in the Seattle area.

Florian

Twin Pines Engineering, Inc.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,907 Views)

Hi Delene,

I run a LabVIEW class on campus at the UW. send me your position info to justinmreina@gmail.com and I'll pass it along to them. My list of qualified undergrads is at ~40 students, so we should be able to find you someone.

-Justin

justinmreina@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,907 Views)

We're looking for an RF test engineer with LabView expertise. The position is located in Redmond, WA. Send resumes/contact to gabe@nwcontract.com.

RF Design Verification Engineer Job Description

Required Qualifications:

·         BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering

·         5+ years experience in design and/or verification of hardware devices

·         experience with RF testing, reading schematics, circuit board analysis

·         experience with RF test equipment: Spectrum analyzer, signal generator, VSA, VSG, network analyzer

·         experience with Labview programming

·         very good debugging skills

·         self-starter and ability to coordinate testing across multiple projects

·         very good communication and documentation skills

·         attention to detail

·         ability to think outside the box

·         initiative in new/improving test approaches

·         knowledge of wireless technologies: WLAN, Bluetooth

Preferable Qualifications:

·         experience with firmware testing

·         experience in protocol testing

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,907 Views)