From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 2018 crashed and took the license manager with it

I am using labview 2018 with a network license. LabVIEW just crashed not just itself but the PC. After the PC rebooted labview now thinks I'm unlicensed. When I start the license manager and go to Network Licenses the correct server is listed but, after a few minutes of trying, it says "Could not contact server." Following other posts I deleted the server.ini file in C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\License Manager\Data and restarted the license manager and specified the same network address. Still can't contact server. I tried deleting everything in that directory and tried again. same result. I know the server is up because I can start labview on other machines. This just happened after the crash. Now what?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,406 Views)

Hi Art!

What happens if you try to ping the server with that computer? Can you contact the server without any issue?

Did you try the steps mentioned here https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P805SAC&l=en-US  in the section of client Machine?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,329 Views)

Can ping it no problem. Our resident LabVIEW wiz just did something (not sure what) that fixed it. This is the 2nd time this has happened.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,326 Views)

It would be good to know to document the process.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,320 Views)