From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnected license valid, but user gets expired message

I've got a user on LabVIEW 2015 with a disconnected license.  Originally assigned in August 2015, worked like a charm through mid-September.  Now they are getting an Expired License warning.  The license should be good until August 15, 2016.  License file: lab-pc_Disconnected_C_11-aug-2016.lic   Running a report shows that they, and my other disconnected license, show no activity since mid-September.  They appear to have stopped on the same day.  I have had the user re-install the license file.  No luck.  VLM is 3.1

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,801 Views)

Hi,

Has LabVIEW stopped working, or is the user just getting a warning that the license is expiring? It is possible that the license manager is still looking at the evaluation license for LabVIEW 2015, and will use the disconnected license. You can check this by moving all other license files out of the Licenses folder. Don't delete them, just move them somewhere else temporarily.

The Licenses folder location can be found using this document - http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CE2ECD5888882CC48625770100009921.

If LabVIEW still works after removing all but the disconnected license from the Licenses folder, then there is no problem, and License Manager will switch to the appropriate license when the eval license expires with no interruption of usage. You can move the license files back at this point. If LabVIEW does not work after removing the other licenses, I would recommend contacting National Instruments Technical Support for further assistance through http://www.ni.com/support/.

Eric H.
Senior Field Applications Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,787 Views)

LabVIEW has stopped working.  Unfortunately we've already tried moving the license files.  What we want is for it to use the disconnected license.  The computer is running WinXP, which in our current environment means it cannot be on the network.  The disconnected license is supposedly valid until August 15, 2016.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,782 Views)

Does the client PC have License Manager 3.7?  Volume License Manager 3.1 is the correct version for the server, but the client needs License Manager 3.7. Please create a service request for this licensing issue. The applications engineer will most likely ask for your Service ID as well as a copy of the disconnected license- two things you wouldn't want to share on this discussion forum. You can access technical support by selecting "Contact an Engineer" on http://www.ni.com/support/. 

Eric H.
Senior Field Applications Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,761 Views)