cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

concurrent licences' user listing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

We have 5 concurrent DIAdem licenses. Now utilization is ramping up and I find myself frequently being asked "who is using the licenses" so as to address users that may have checked out a license but are not needing it anymore. Or not as desperately as some other user.

I have tried to read through the log file, but it contains a long long list of mixed entries. Sifting out the licenses that have been checked out, but not in again, is almost impossible.

Is there a simple method to see which users, or IP addresses, or computer names are at that time using the licenses?

Also, a time monitor of utilization would be of great help to decide if and how many new licenses to acquire.

Thank you.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,197 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nimic

Hi Michael,

Are you using NI Volume License Manager? NI Volume License Manager 3.1 was recently released and it has some great new features that will help you answer these type of questions.

We have improved administrator's ability to see which licenses are in use with the new In-Use tab:

In_Use.png

This gives you an accurate view of current usage for each license. In order to get the most up-to-date data, you can click the reload button.

We have also added Reports to VLM 3.1. The Seat Utilization reports are designed to answer your question of how many new licenses to acquire.

SeatUtilizationConcurrent.png

This screenshot shows the usage of a concurrent DIAdem license over a year. The report will show how many licenses were in use as well as displaying how many users were denied. This information will help you determine how many licenses you need.

If you are already using VLM 3.0, you can download NI VLM 3.1 and use your existing license file. If you are using an older version of VLM or FlexNet Publisher, contact agreements@ni.com and let them know you need a new license file.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Message 2 of 3
(7,193 Views)

One addendum

I was not aware (until a colleague showed me) that the local machine's license manager shows a list of the current users of a concurrent license.

And since it s possible to run both VLM and LM on the server, this was also a workaround.

But nonetheless, the 3.1 is a huge improvement.

thank you.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,172 Views)