From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did I add that user/computer?

Is there any way in NI VLM to see a date/time stamp of when I created (and/or last edited) any specific user/computer entry?

I'd love to be able to know whether "bob" was added yesterday, or 5 years ago.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,550 Views)

Are you using VLM 3.1 or 3.1.1?  If so, reporting capability is available.

On the left screen choose Reports, then above choose Client Activity.  Expand your dates to a very wide date range--such as Jan 2015 to current.  The report will show the first date for your named user or computer license.

You can find a quick video on how to do reporting in VLM here:  http://www.ni.com/services/volume-license-program/vlm/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,504 Views)

That seems to work if the user/computer started using the license immediately after they were added.  I am needing something that tells me when they were added to the license manager no matter whether they have actually used their license.  (think the case of auditing for unused licenses -- Bob shows no activity on his license, but is that because Bob really doesn't need a license, or is it because Bob was added yesterday and has not had a chance to install and run the software)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,498 Views)

At this time there is not an activity log which shows when a user was added specifically even though they did not use the license.  We may be able to determine when the user was added from the VLM Log file. 

Can you share your companies Service ID?  We will research to find out if your VLM log file is being sent.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,461 Views)

The timeframes I am interested in are in-between any VLM logs that have been sent to NI.

Please forward the idea/request to the product development team for consideration in future versions.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,456 Views)