Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume License: Developer Suite with FPGA and RT and Full Development + FPGA + RT

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I have got assigned Developer Suite with FPGA and RT license at the same time as Full Development System with FPGA and RT Development because I am a member of Groups specified in Volume License Manager.

I would like to use Developer Suite on my laptop and the other licenses (Full Devlepment + FPGA and RT) on my virtual machine. 

Is there an easy way how to accomplish this?

I got all the licenses on one pc when use vlmclient.

Thanks for help.

Best Regards

Duri
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,165 Views)

Hi Duri,

You should be able to activate the license as long as your VM can see the VLM server.  Is the VLM computer-based or Named-user based? 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/31B0985265CA167886257831003F5536

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/890AD027BC9B1C4E86257315000EC66A?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,105 Views)

Hi red.free,

VLM is Named-user based.

"For "Name User License", the user may install the software on up to a total of three virtual machines and physical computers in a single workplace of the designated Named User. Only the designated Named User, however, may use or otherwise run the SOFTWARE and the SOFTWARE may not be run concurrently (i.e., it may only be in launched on one virtual machine at a time)."

So this means that I can have e.g. one Named-user based license for LabVIEW 2015, and I can install LabVIEW 2015 to three computers but cannot use them concurrently.

Is that right?

"One may convert a named user license to a single seat license whereupon the SOFTWARE may only be installed and used on one virtual machine in your workplace. While all of the SOFTWARE must be installed and used on the same virtual machine under a single seat license, there is no limitation on the number of your personnel that may access and use the Software on such virtual machine; provided, however, that the SOFTWARE may not be run concurrently (i.e., only one instance of the software can be launched on one virtual machine at a time)."

So in my case (I have got Developer Suite license and LabVIEW Full Development license and the VLM is Named-user based), I can use Developer Suite on my PC, and LabVIEW Full Dev. could be converted to single seat license which will be used on my VM.

Is that right?

Is there any other way how can I use particular license on VM and not converting it to single seat?

Thanks for reply and help.

Best Regards

Duri
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,097 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Duri

So this means that I can have e.g. one Named-user based license for LabVIEW 2015, and I can install LabVIEW 2015 to three computers but cannot use them concurrently.

Is that right? – Yes!

So in my case (I have got Developer Suite license and LabVIEW Full Development license and the VLM is Named-user based), I can use Developer Suite on my PC, and LabVIEW Full Dev. could be converted to single seat license which will be used on my VM.

Is that right? – Yes! But you will need to call NI Contracts to do this.

Is there any other way how can I use particular license on VM and not converting it to single seat?

– The only options are Name User License or single seat.  Either of these should be functional with a VM. The only option not available on a VM is computer-based.

Message 4 of 5
(6,092 Views)

Thanks for help.

Duri
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,087 Views)