From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLA Hardware and Software requirement

Do to IT issues will not have a server available to install the VLA software for a couple of months. Meanwhile I need to get the VLA manager running.

1) Can the VLA software be run on a desktop PC running Windows 7 or XP?

2) Does the operating system have to Windows server or can it be Windows 7 or XP desktop?

I appreciate any help.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,007 Views)

Hi mgustin,

1)When you say VLA software. what software you refering to? LabVIEW, TestStand, etc? because VLA(volume license agreement) is just a contract that you purchase softwares under it. 

2)Please take at look at this page: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/4023/lang/en at the buttom of the page it says what OS you can install VLM on. Keep in mind the Windows XP must be SP3 and 32 bit.It can also be windows server but it is not necessary.

Let me know.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,998 Views)

Hi Edna-S

Thanks for the post.

1) I meant VLM, which you astutely figured out.

2) Thanks for the pointer. Looking at that web page I see the following information on operation systems

Operating system: Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows Vista; Windows XP (SP3) 32-bit; Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit; Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit

It is not clear if Window 7 is only 32 bit or if the 64 bit is supported also. I suppose since Windows 7 64 bit supports 32 bit applications it will run the Windows 7 64 bit.

It would be nice if it was clear.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,989 Views)

Hey mgustin,

You are absolutly correct. When it doesn't mention, it is both 32bit and 64bit.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,983 Views)

Thanks for the great support

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,980 Views)

No problem.

National Instruments