From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting on target machine when using VLM after evaluation timeout

How can I troubleshoot my program when I can not run the development system on my ATE because of the VLM?

I have tried reinstalling LV2015 but it keeps saying my evaluation period has expired.

I can not use the remote debugger because the ATE is on a different network than my developmet station.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,421 Views)

Hi RTSLVU,

I just wanted to clarify your question here. What do you mean by remote debugger?  You can remote debug VIs that you have built into an application, but to my knowledge TestStand doesn't have a remote debugging option.  If I'm not getting what you're talking about direct me towards a whitepaper or article so I can see what you mean.

Regards,

Pat

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,383 Views)

LabVIEW has the ability to remotely debug an executable.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8DA679805915DE40862572D5007B2F70

This was more of a VLM question.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,379 Views)

Oh gotcha, that makes sense.  What kind of License do you have?  If you can use a user based connected License then you should be able to use the development system on both your dev computer and your ATE.  This is something that you'll have to go through your Volume Licensing Admin for.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,373 Views)