Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting LabVIEW using a specific user / license

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Jenkins Build server but I'm facing a licensing problem. LabVIEW can not find a valid license when started by Jenkins.

Neither a license directly from the server nor a disconnected license we created especially to try.

I have tried to start the Jenkins service with my user credentials, but this does not improve the situation.

Is there a possiblity to start LabVIEW within a specific user context? Sth like LabVIEW.exe -user:JohnDoe to enable correct license retrieval?

Cheers

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,277 Views)

Hi Oli_Wachno,

maybe this presentation or the following Getting Started will help you with your Jenkins issue.

Community: NI Week Continuous Integration with Jenkins and LabVIEW Presentation - National Instrumen...

Community: LabVIEW & Jenkins Batch File Build Process - Getting Started - National Instruments https...

Best wishes

Tenshinhan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,263 Views)

Hi Tenshinhan,

thanks for the reply.

I'm already active in the threads, you've referred to. They led me into this particular forum

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,260 Views)

So to answer your question, it is not possible to change the license by a specific LabVIEW Call.

The licenses are stored in the license manager or an Volume license server.

There they can be activated. 

Normally you will use a computer based license if several users are using LabVIEW on the same machine.

Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,258 Views)