From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow update speed

Hi,

I'm a test engineer based in Norway.

In order to make adjustments to some older tests I just installed TS/LW2013 from the DVD's and of course there are loads of patches and services packs for this aging version.

But the download through NI Update Service is just unacceptably slow. I've sent you messages about this in the past, and I see there are other threads about the issue on the board, and NI just has to get on top of this issue ASAP, because your customers are very dependend on these services to be responsive. Once you start using NI equipment, it's just NI, NI, NI, and I have a ton of computers that run your software and they need to be reinstalled from time to time, and it's a real pain. We're on a 100/100 Mb line, so it's definitely not the limiting factor.

The bizarre thing, from a user perspective, is that some files, when downloaded straight off ni.com, are just as slow, and other files also on ni.com are downloaded at much greater speeds. I'm sure they are hosted on different servers.

It's running at 1 mbit now....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,769 Views)

Hey DrOnline82, 

There are a few steps to try out in NI Software Downloading Very Slowly.

If you're still having issues let me know and we can see if there's anything further we can do. 

Kind regards, 
Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,735 Views)