Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Instruments VERY SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED

ay, I'll do that

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(4,205 Views)

I can confirm the same issue, downloading from a Max Planck Institute in Germany with a fiber internet link, and only from the wonderful National Instruments website I obtain circa-1999 speeds. I hope in the future I will be able to avoid using anything by NI.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(4,151 Views)

Hi Vilim,

What software are you experiencing this reduced download speed with when downloading?

Do you see this same behavior when using NI Package Manager as well?

It may also be beneficial, as the original post in this thread is an older one, to go ahead and create a new thread for your particular behavior or location.

Thanks,

Tyler C.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(4,126 Views)

I need 12 hours with a 100mbit internet download FPGA Xilinx 13.4 Tool 4.08GB. Very slow.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(4,100 Views)

Same problem here in Sweden. I have been downloading for several days already and it is still running. The issue is well known in our institute and has existed for years. People make fun of it here.

Any Freeware Program from no-matter-where-in-the-world has 100 times faster download rates than this expensive software. 

Message 25 of 29
(3,872 Views)

Same problem here in Australia downloading NI cRIO 18.50. On our 100 mbps fibre connection I can only download this file at around 4 mbps (500 kB/s). NI seems happy to make bloated software packages that eat up our HDD space but when it comes to allocating bandwidth to deliver it, it's a very different story.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(3,550 Views)

I can confirm the same issue. Issue has been resolved with traditional internet explorer. please check my screenshot. I tried one of driver under chrome browser but downloading speed was very low. I tried with tarditional internet explorer and problem has been solved.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(3,208 Views)

Solved for Windows, if it were a browser issue. Their servers should be browser agnostic.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(3,205 Views)

Download speed is bad enough and always has been. I'm just down the road from NI Austin (DFW) and it takes forever to download just their recommended updates.

Install speed is even worse once you get the recommended files downloaded!

And the "support" is horrible too. Makes me feel like a dumb-a@@ for just doing what they recommend! 

NI must lose many customers every year because of this.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(2,908 Views)