Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Volume License Server and IPv6 support?

Please, correct me if I am wrong and realy late with this.

I am quite sure that Volume License Management connection does not have IPv6 support. Meaning connection between client's License Manager and server's Volume License Service.

The support would be realy nice feature for companies using Microsoft DirectAccess to allow empployees to use companie's IT resources outside of company network with their work computer. In this case Volume License Server as a resource.

Yes, there are translators between IPv4 and IPv6, but native support is always the best. And IPv6 is not future technology it is current technology.

I know that there is 14 days product version specific Backup License in use if there is no connection to server. But this is not good when employee has several versions of LabVIEW and TestStand in use.

Another work a round would be a Home License generated to a employee's work computer, but that is not really nice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,753 Views)

Hi JERei,

Thanks for the feedback. You are correct, VLM does not currently support IPv6. We are currently evaluating adding IPv6 support to our products, but we do not have a definite timeline. If IPv6 support is critical to your application, you should contact your sales representative to discuss your options.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,675 Views)

any changes for IPv6 support?

This lacking option makes life realy hard, especially when company uses Microsoft Direct Access.

CLA
www.espotel.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,325 Views)