From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing TestStand 2019 on the Windows Sandbox

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Recently I tried to check some functionality on a clean OS so I figured I will used built in Windows 10 Sandbox to install TS and see if everything is working properly. However, I was not able to install it. I keep getting a message to check connection, while connection is ok. Does anyone dealt with this? Forgive me if I put the question in the wrong place but this category seemed closest to my problem. I'm using Win10Pro 1903.

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,064 Views)

Hi Michał,

The error you're seeing can be due to quite a number of underlying issues.  It may be best to work directly with NI support to diagnose and resolve the issue.  I would suggest that you open a service request.  If you can gather the NIPM logs before speaking with an engineer, that would help to more quickly diagnose the problem.  You can find how to generate those logs here: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P6FcSAK

Thanks,

Michael B.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(3,997 Views)

I don't see any logs. I don't see even this directory C:\Users\<Windows Username>\AppData\Local\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\Logs. AppData is not hidden. Apparently it is the runtime that can't be installed.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,936 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck

If someone else will wonder why he can't install NI SW on Windows Sandbox, here is NI support response (after their investigation):

NI does not support running SW on virtual platforms, however, they usually work correctly.

It's disappointing 😞

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,873 Views)